Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It Starts today...

What can I say, but my new life starts today...
I have decided to journal my adventure in having a lap-band. Its a device that is put around your stomach so you don't eat as much and you can start losing weight. I decided that I need to blog it so I can let out all my fears, excitement, and just to get me through some of the ruff spots ahead of me.
I am overweight and have decided to take me life back. On February 17, 2010 I will go to Hope Arkansas to have surgery. From that point on everyday will be something new for my family an me to share.
Before the surgery even takes place I have to start preparing for it. On February 2 I will start a 2 week liquid diet. In the morning and at lunch I will drink protein shakes, then a lite dinner. Will I make it through those 2 weeks that has yet to be decided. But there no time like the present time to find out. So for the next 2 weeks I will be starting to implement a few changes to my life so that its not such a shock for me.
They told me that I can no longer drink at meal time. I will have to wait until 30-45 minutes after I eat to drink. I will be drinking one shake every morning to get me ready to try and drink the second one. I am going to take soda pop out of my life now, and try and not eat as many sweets. Wish me luck because YES I will need it.
I will try and keep you posted to let you know how things are going and also share my story with how I got to this point. SO if you have time and wish come and take a journey with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment